Thursday 31 May 2012

Quarantine Trooper

Hi all!

As you are all aware I am an illustrator and sometimes the brain can go on a trip around the ideas department.  While rooting through this forest of half baked plans, initial drawings and semi rendered CGI stuff, I had an idea.  What if I was to draw something, do a speed paint video of it and then work in Blender 3D to create a fully texture CGI creation?  So, yeh, that's what I'm planning! 

The idea I'm playing with is a Quarantine Trooper.  A soldier hand picked from the best forces in the galaxy.  The Quarantine Zone is their destination, an ever growing patch of infected landscape filled with creatures that "don't exist", according to the government of that planet.  The Quarantine Trooper's job is quite simple; maintain the borders of the Quarantine Zone and collect samples for scientists to analyse.

So yeh, that's the idea I'm playing with.  Now here are some renders to give you an idea of what I'm doing!





This top image is the Quarantine Trooper rendered in Blender Cycles, the realistic world renderer that now comes with the newest versions of Blender.  As you can see there are some texture problems here and there, but I'm really pleased with the over all effect.



This is the Quarantine Trooper rendered with the internal Blender renderer.  Although it may not be as realistic as the above version, it didn't take as long to render!  If I end up doing a video of some kind, I think my best option is to render it all with the Blender Internal renderer!

No comments:

Post a Comment